Learn to use your new kayak and SUP while having a great time at lakes, rivers and creeks around Kansas City! The fastest and easiest way to get up to speed is to attend our Paddle KC paddling club events for new paddlers, and to paddle with experienced kayakers, paddleboarders and canoeists. Join Paddle KC for lots of both! We paddle over 100 times a year, with all experience levels and a wide range of interests. Start with leisure paddles, clinics and relaxed outings, and build your comfort level and skills over our season of varied activities.
You’ll learn faster and enjoy your kayak, SUP or canoe more, you’ll save money and headaches with tips shared, and you’ll make new friends along the way. Paddle KC hosts many spring and summer events that are perfect for new paddlers (and also experienced paddlers as well)! Many of our local events include informal skills and safety lessons, with practicing on the water as we explore. We add new activities regularly, and we limit headcounts during this pandemic, so sign up early to get a spot at events of interest. We love including kids and dogs at many events, and welcome diversity.
New Paddler Events in Kansas City
- New Paddler “Quick Start” Clinic
- Loading & Tie Down (Online) Show & Tell
- Annual Pimp My Kayak DIY Upgrades & Cookout
- Spring Paddling Kickoff – Kayak, SUP, Canoe!
- JoCo Leisure Paddle
- WenesDAY On The Water Kickoff
- FriDAY On The Water Kickoff
- SUP DAWG!
- Paddlesports Safety Day
- May Full Moon Paddle
- Kayak Self-Rescue Practice
- Family Camping & Paddling
- July 4th Fireworks On The Water
Additional Events for Experienced Paddlers
- Exercise Paddles (7-12 Miles)
- Buffalo National River Kayak & Hiking Weekend
- River Rescue & Safety Course
- Demo Day – Surfskis and Greenland Paddles
- Missouri River Overnight OR Day Trip
See additional events on our full Paddle KC paddling club calendar.
(See You On The Water)